Water desalination is the process of removing salts and other minerals from saline water.
- The major desalination systems currently in use are
- Ion Exchanging
- Electro dialysis (ED / DER)
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Of these four systems, Reverse Osmosis is generally the most economical process in desalinating either brackish or sea water. In less than twenty years Reverse Osmosis has also become the most widely accepted system for water desalination.
- Power House generally uses Reverse Osmosis for the desalination of brackish and sea water, not only to produce drinking water, but also to reduce the salinity of sea water or brackish water to be suitable for use in boilers & other similar processes & to reduce the hardness of water for various industries.
- Oil & Gas industry
- Tourism industry
- Construction industry
- To produce potable drinking water from sea water or brackish water .
- To reduce the salinity of sea water or brackish water to be suitable for use in boilers & other similar processes.
- To reduce the hardness of water, for different industries.